On June 1st Information Resources will launch a new system called Account Center. This new system will control the way that campus users’ accounts are created and managed, and it will provide a number of improvements over current systems. Please see the major changes and important dates included below, and note that the transition to the new Account Center will cause some disruption to current account creation processes.
What will change when Account Center is operational:
- New employee accounts will be created automatically in Blackboard Learn, Office 365, Google Apps, Active Directory and LDAP (currently a series of manual processes)
- New faculty will only get access to course shells and student data in Blackboard Learn after I9 processes are complete (policy requirement)
- All students will automatically receive Active Directory accounts
- All student employees will automatically receive Office 365 (Exchange) accounts
- New password management tools will provide additional self-service options for account recovery
- New password rules will be implemented for employees and students
- May 16 – June 6: Parent Portal will be locked
- Parent account creation will not be available during this period
- Parents with existing accounts will continue to be able to access information and should not be impacted
- May 19 – 31: New account creation will be suspended
- Accounts cannot be created for new students, faculty, and staff during this time as we transition to the new system
- Faculty, staff and students with existing accounts should not be impacted
- June 1: Account Center will be operational
- Account creation for new faculty, staff and students will resume
The Account Center system is part of the University’s Identity & Access Management initiative. The implementation of Account Center has been a collaborative effort between Information Resources, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Faculty Affairs, and Graduate Studies with the primary goal of enabling the right individuals the right access for the right reasons at the right times.
For further information regarding the Identity & Access Management Initiative, please go to the Enterprise Applications and Data Services website at http://www.csuchico.edu/eads/iam/index.shtml.