Information Resources has launched a new system called Account Center. This new system controls the way that campus users’ accounts are created and managed, and provides a number of improvements over previous systems. Please see the major changes included below:
- New employee accounts are now created automatically in Blackboard Learn, Office 365, Google Apps, Active Directory and LDAP (previously this was a series of manual processes)
- Campus users can manage their own display name in systems such as Blackboard Learn, Office 365, and Google Apps (Wildcat Mail)
- Updates to display names causes changes to the way that names are displayed/searchable in Office 365
- New faculty get access to course shells and student data in Blackboard Learn after I9 processes are complete (policy requirement)
- All students now have Active Directory accounts
- All student employees now have Office 365 (Exchange) accounts
- New password management tools provide additional self-service options for account recovery
- New password rules will be implemented for employees and students
Please login to the Portal and go to Account Center to ensure that your password recovery information and display name are correct.
The Account Center system is part of the University’s Identity & Access Management initiative. The implementation of Account Center has been a collaborative effort between Information Resources, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Faculty Affairs, and Graduate Studies with the primary goal of enabling the right individuals the right access for the right reasons at the right times.
For further information regarding Account Center, please see the Account Center FAQ at https://support.csuchico.edu/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=30472.